No Subject

C.T. - Should we adopt Netlogger itself or should we put a wrapper around
	it to isolate it somewhat? It may be simple enough to use by itself.
H.N. - What about putting log messages into a database? Can allow more
	methods to read it?
M.P. - How about a CORBA wrapper?

The more I think about it the more I think a wrapper is a very good idea.
If we implement it as a one-way CORBA call, we can decide later whether to
use Netlogger or a database. The database could even be on a different
machine (and probably would be) in order to free up the "main" machine as
much as possible.

One could query the database with SQL to find out what has happened to a
certain QueryID, or to a certain user etc. That might be useful and might
be hard with Netlogger?
I guess we could still log all the info that is needed for Netlogger, so
that we can use it in the future. I.e., we can export the DB into a file
for Netlogger to process.

Best regards, Henrik
Henrik Nordberg <HNordberg@lbl.gov> http://nordberg.lbl.gov
Scientific Data Management Research & Development Group
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory