Re: Thoughts on Linux and Objectivity...

> some where else on the network). Java is a "portable" virtual
> machine, so could we not run the Objectivity Java client software
> on the Linux pc's to access the data in the Objectivity servers using
> NFS or AMS on remote machines?

The Java binding in Objectivity provides a client-side layer
on top of a set of client-side C++ code, which is most of the
Objectivity client software.  This would require both the
port of Objectivity to Linux and a Java VM on Linux.
The Objectivity servers are very low level, one of which is just
nfsd, that is not even Objectivity.

Doug