2nd announcement of UHU Workshop

To all Users Helping Users (UHU) Volunteers and those interested in the T3E,

   As we previously announced, UHU is organizing a workshop for the T3E to be
held in conjunction with the next ERSUG (Energy Research Scientific Computing
Users Group) meeting at NERSC in Berkeley and the NERSC T3E Training
Workshop that follows the ERSUG meeting.

    We are rapidly approaching the practical deadline for scheduling
flights, etc.  The ERSUG meeting will start on Monday April 6 and end
Tuesday April 7.  The NERSC Training class will be held in conjunction with
the UHU Workshop on Wednesday April 8 and Thursday April 9.
People can return home late Thursday afternoon or Friday for the
Easter/Passover weekend. No one
will
have to attend all the sessions, although you are welcome to.

The agenda is as follows:

Monday-Tues, April 6,7 - ERSUG business meeting - including next procurement
                         discussions. This requires an 18 month lead time
                         because of the Federal budget cycle
Wed-Thurs, April 8,9 - NERSC T3E training class in conjunction with the Users
                       Helping Users (UHU) Workshop. This will involve NERSC
                       lectures in the morning followed by UHU presentations
                       in the afternoon on specific topics. We expect the
                       meeting to end by lunch time on Thursday so users can
                       return home in the east that day.

   If you can participate as a speaker please send a title and short abstract
(100-200 words). Since this is a general meeting with users from many
disciplines, we would like to emphasize application and software tools that
are common to the problems encountered by all users. It is our experience that
similar problems are encountered in very different disciplines.  Thus, in
your abstract, please mention the algorithmic and software tools involved
in your application.

  We appreciate your help in this matter and appreciate your willingness
to volunteer for this effort.

  Please send a copy of your abstract to both:
Brian Hingerty (beh@ornl.gov) and Mike Minkoff (minkoff@mcs.anl.gov).

Sincerely,

Brian Hingerty                            Mike Minkoff
Oak Ridge National Laboratory             Argonne National Laboratory

----- End Included Message -----