Re: resubmit()

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Craig E. Tull wrote:

> At 11:31 AM 4/15/98 -0700, Henrik Nordberg wrote:
> >what did we say resubmit() (in the Query Object Interface) should do?
>
> I think resubmit() should be used if an execute() has been followed by
> abort() and the user wants to start again (without getting a new Query
> Token?).
>
> This method may not have a sound rational. Depends on what initialization
> steps the Storage Manager goes thru when execute() is called and/or on what
> bookkeeping is done.

That would mean that we couldn't use abort() as a chance to delete info
stored for the query. I think we should forget 'resubmit()' unless someone
can come up with a good reason for it.

 - Henrik
Henrik Nordberg <HNordberg@lbl.gov> http://nordberg.lbl.gov
Scientific Data Management Research & Development Group
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory