RE: Query termination clariffication

Hi all,

Thanks Arie for initiating the discussion.

As Arie suggests, if the user-code ~QO (e.g. it goes out
of scope) "done" is sent to the QE but not to the QM. The
QM keeps getting more files to any EIs. It will not clear
its cache until the last file is sent.  I'm not sure
what happens when the QM tells the QE its finished - after
the QE has already cleared its memory about the query.
This will also not allow the user to later abort the query
execution. Since niether the QE nor (currently) the QO keeps
track of the EIs (except perhaps in the QO's initial construction
of the EI), it becomes the user's responcibility to keep
the QO active should it need to access any of the QO
interface functions. I don't see any problems with this
in our current single process user-code/QO.  This could be
an issue in the distributed-EI mode.

I agree that if ~QO occurs on a "paused" query, then
"abort" should be sent not "done".

Thanks, Jeff