CVS locks

Hi All,

Trying to learn CVS, I ran into the following problem:

when I use "cvs watch" from starsu00, CVS doesn't release the locks
it obtains during execution of the command. During execution it creates

drwxrwxr-x 2 nordberg 2048 Jun 12 19:40 #cvs.lock/
-rw-r--r-- 1 nordberg  0 Jun 12 19:40 #cvs.wfl.starsu00.1999

but it only deletes the latter upon completion.

This doesn't happen when the same command(s) are run from rcf.rhic.
Then both locks are properly removed.

Any clues?

My temporary solution is a script that removes the locks by brute force.
 - Henrik
Henrik Nordberg <HNordberg@lbl.gov> http://nordberg.lbl.gov
Scientific Data Management Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory