From: Shigeki Misawa <misawa@bnl.gov>
To: gcdev@sseos.lbl.gov <gcdev@sseos.lbl.gov>
Date: Monday, August 03, 1998 11:52 AM
Subject: rmds03

rmds03.rhic.bnl.gov, the Sun Enterprise 4000 is available on a
provisional basis. A 100GB virtual disk (6 way strip with logging
using DiskSuite) is connected at /disk0 with subdirectories for the
various groups. (If/when time permits, hopefully VxFS will also be
installed.)

Orbix and Omnibroker have yet to be installed (is this where they
should be, or should they be installed on rsun00 ?)

Unless otherwise stated, you should assume that the 100GB IS TEMPORARY
and subject to ERASURE on a 24hr notice basis. The system also may be
subject to shutdown on a 8 hr notice basis. Also, since the disk is
RAID 0 and not backed up, one disk failure will toast ALL 100GBytes.

These terms are necessary because the system is one of the key
components in the new MDS and there are configuration/connectivity
issues that we are working on that may require or cause system reboots.

Please contact me by email if you intend to use the machine and also
if you require extended use of the machine.

Shigeki