Re: rmds03 problems solved

Dear Shigeki,

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:47:02 -0400 Shigeki Misawa <misawa@bnl.gov>
wrote:

> I believe the problems with rmds03 have been solved. The system now
> talks to the world via the 100BaseT hme interface instead of the
> Alteon Gigabit interface.
>
> Please try the system now.
> I will be around until about noon tuesday, so if you run into problems
> you can contact me via email up to that time.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Shigeki

	I'm logged into rmds03 (ssh) and using it without problem to do
large file copies from rmds00 to rmds03.

	The file transfer speed, based on a 570 MByte file just copied,
is 3.5 MBytes/second compared to the 435 kBytes/second using the rlnx01
platform to do the copying.

	The /disk2/phenix area on rmds03 is being used as a back up for
files being removed from the rmds00 /phenix/mds area.  If there are
plans to somehow remove /disk2/phenix in the next few days, please let
me know.  I'll FTP the files to a remote site for safekeeping.

Thanks,
Charlie
Maguire, Charles F
Vanderbilt University