STAR event DB status

There are now about 4GB of DST data in the stardb event store database
/star/sol/db/stardb/STAR, and growing. Database files are written to
/star/sol/db/stardb/dst/ which is a link to /disk1/star/stardb/dst. Databases
and event collections are named with the name of the originating XDF file. In
the stardb account I've added the perl script commands (in ~stardb/bin)
  dstfind      Searches the data tree on /disk1 for DST XDF files, checks
               whether they're in the database, and if not adds them to a
               script newdst2db.kumac it builds to load them to the database
  dstfiles     Reports the total size of DST events in the database
I'm running the script generated by dstfind now to add a bunch more files; with
HPSS running again Yuri's DST staging jobs are working.

I'm now working on a program to iterate on all the event collections existing in
the database eg. to use them all in building a complete index.

   - Torre

-- Torre Wenaus, BNL      wenaus@bnl.gov      516-344-4755  Fax 344-4206 --
-- STAR Experiment, RHIC@BNL Computing and software project leader       --
-- B. 510A Room 1-175        http://www.rhic.bnl.gov/STAR/computing.html --