Re: HPSS logs

I got clarification from Shigeki that the logs are snapshots of a
circular buffer and so they may contain the same data.
This might be a bad thing: if there is a lot going on the buffer might
complete a turn before we get a snapshot, and we'll loose information.
Or, as we see happened here, there could be less activity and we waste
space.

One would think that a system like HPSS, critical in many cases I am
sure, would ship with proper logging tools?

The files I looked at were `cmp log.010000 log.010030` and `cmp
log.010030 log.010100` (from memory) in the Star directory.

 - Henrik