[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: hpss test
Thanks for the mail and the confirmation that next Friday is ok to do the
GCA two tape drive test.
Just to review the HPSS setup we need for the tests
1) No other users on accessing either tape drives during the test period.
Maybe we could do our tests between 17:00 Thursday night and noon on
Friday so that the system could be reconfigured for normal ops over the
2) Both tape drives looking at the STAR reco COS and both tape drives
associated with the same data mover.
3) A fast emptying HPSS disk cache (1% maximum occupancy and short time
4) Deferred dismount on the STAR reco COS.
5) HPSS Log files to be written to a disk where they can be ftp'ed away
before being stored in the MDS.