Re: ROOT file_ids and Bundle_ids

> >  4)  The QM will pass to the EI only the bundle_id and the set of
> >  event_ids that qualify for this bundle.  The EI will return this
> >  bundle_id when releasing the bundle.
> >

>    DMM:
>
>    Can Alex or Henrik comment on this:  How difficult would it be for MDC2 to
>    support an interface that takes a bundle_id as input and returns the
>    corresponding filelist (fileids or filenames)?  If this is done, I think
>    I can live with the bundle_id approach for the OOI in MDC2.

QM can provide an IDL interface to get the list of file IDs from file
bundle IDs. File bundle ID is only internal to QM, and once the query is
deleted or finished, file bundle ID may or may not exist anymore because
of that reason, so  keeping a file bundle ID around longer than the life
of the query would not  be a good idea.....
I'll make an interface if Arie agrees on this idea...
Thanks.
--Alex

--
Alex Sim