MDC2 test - the rest of the story

I enclose here the table that summarizes all the runs.  The comments are
a bit criptic, but say whether a run was successful (when it says OK),
and explains why some runs failed.

The visual display of the logs was very helpful.  It helped us discover
quickly problems.  Most of the problems observed were corrected during
the tests.  But, there are a few items that still need correction:

1.  Intermediate HPSS failure was handle correctly most of the time, but
we found a situation that was handled incorrectly.  Will be fixed.

2.  Pre-fetching policy can slow down system when cache is tight.  The
extra files cached by pre-fetching prevent other queries from
proceeding.
Need to evaluate when to do pre-fetching.

3.  We have no automatic recovery from Objectivity failure.  Need to be
added.

4.  User code crashes when file not found in Objectivity.

5.  Running a large number of concurrent queries crashed the QM on
RMDS03, but not when it ran on an LBNL machine.  Reason still unknown.

Arie.

summary