QO scalability

QO scalability issue is that of #5 in STACS list but may not be a severe
problem with 8-byte OIDs.

"set" & "get" OIDSET QO/QE-communication & QO-store for large collections.

 QO/QE-Communication: a suggested solution is to iterate over the collection,
 passing only a subset of the OIDSET per iteration. The client-server relation
 means that;
   - "get" iteration is a pull type
   - "set" iteration is a push type

 QO-Store: a suggested solution is a file based repository such as that
 proposed for the file-bundle archive for QE-QM transfer.
    - file format should be GC-defined (I/O within GC component)
    - file I/O will be usefull to users & they should have access/interface to it

 Common: If the file solution is implemented for the store problem, the communication
 solution can the be transfer of a file-locator rather than a CORBA iteration over
 the collection.

 Time Table: design & implementation depends on whether to develop a
 common solution with that of the QE-QM communication. After this, coding and
 initial tests should be ~days with a full-time effort but ~month at
 a more realistic part-time effort.
begin:vcard
n:Porter;R. Jeff
tel;fax:516-344-4206
tel;work:516-344-7953
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Brookhaven National Lab
version:2.1
email;internet:porter@bnl.gov
adr;quoted-printable:;;=0D=0APhysics Department,=0D=0ABld 510A;Upton;NY;11973;
x-mozilla-cpt:;15856
fn:R. Jeff Porter
end:vcard