FW: File sizes -- how do we get them?

-----Original Message-----
From:	Mark Pollack [SMTP:markp@bnl.gov]
Sent:	Thursday, March 26, 1998 2:08 PM
To:	'Henrik Nordberg'
Subject:	RE: File sizes -- how do we get them?

Dear Henrik,

My guess would be that we will know in advance where
all the files will be located and can just ask through normal
system calls the size of all the files.  Something like the
statfs.

Only since I was looking into the OSE class library in detail
they have a File System class that lets you get this information.
The advantage might be that it works on both win32 and unix.
http://www.dscpl.com.au/ose-5.2/lib_161.htm#HEADING161-0
I'm sure there are others like this.

Regards,
- Mark