Re: FW: File sizes -- how do we get them?

We need to know the file sizes for a couple of reasons. The one that concerns
me at the moment is the following: since we will use ftp (at least initially)
to transfer files from HPSS to the "local" cache, we thought that the easiest
to check that the transference was successful would be to look at the file
size of the transfered file. That means that we have those sizes stored in
a table (maybe not the best option if we have thousands of files and we keep
adding new files) or maybe we can get them through Objectivity. Hence
Henrik's question.
	If we had a HPSS client API in the system (enterprise?) we are going
to use, then I could use that to get the file sizes, but apparently that's
not going to be the case. The other option I considered would be to issue
a remote call through ssh to HPSS that would return the size of the file
that one wants to transfer.

Luis

Luis M. Bernardo  <lmbernardo@lbl.gov> <www.lbl.gov/~bernardo>
Scientific Data Management Research & Development Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720