proposed first integration target

Hi folks,

I have been thinking of an exercise to demonstrate an integration
of the GC software and my proposal is listed below.
Let me know what you think about doing this exercise on Monday,
April 20, 1998.

Thanks,
Doug

A proposed first integration target:
1. Use an FDB on PDSF with 50 event files generated from the Hijing xdf
    files and having 50 event db files, each with 200 events, each event
    component is an oParticles object.
2. Dave will generate tag objects for these and store in the same FD.
3. Copy (ftp) these files to hpss system.
4. Extract tag info from this FD to build index for query estimator.
5. Build a sample "analysis" program including query object and order
    optimized iterator.
6. Issue query from "analysis" program and iterate over some events
    in a few databases.
7. Have cache manager remove db files from disk and repeat 6.
    This will include getting files from hpss.