Re: Running GCA

>> From yangj@rncus1.lbl.gov Mon Jul 20 15:49 PDT 1998
>> From: jie yang <yangj@sseos.lbl.gov>
>> To: gcdev@sseos.lbl.gov
>> Subject: Running GCA
>>
>> Hi, there,
>>
>> After these days running GCA(without orbixd), I met some
>> problems as below:
>>
>> 1)Estimate is OK but QM says QM_NO_MORE_FILES sometime.
>>
>> starsu00 137% testJY -s SM_QM_EI.ref -q "1972<num_Pion_p<1974"
>> Configuration file "./sm.config to be read
>> Opened Configuration file ./sm.config
>> QMName = :QueryMonitor_LB
>> QMHost = starsu00.lbl.gov
>> QEName = HNQueryEstimator
>> QEHost = starsu00.lbl.gov
>> IndexDirectory = /home/common/GC/malon/LaunchGCA/fd8888.starsu00/index/
>> QERefFile = /home/common/GC/malon/LaunchGCA/ForJYang/SM_QE_hn.ref
>> QMRefFile = /home/common/GC/malon/LaunchGCA/ForJYang/SM_QM_EI.ref
>> QueryFactory has made contact with Query Estimator
>> You are connected to a Query Factory.
>> returning from findObjViaStringFile...
>> A Query Monitor is available to your OrderOptIterator.
>>   Initial query will be 1972<num_Pion_p<1974
>> New query token: qe5060-90097369
>> Doing quick estimate
>> Quick estimate is between 13 and 13 events.
>> Doing full estimate...
>> Full estimate is 13 events in 8 files.
>> Would you like to proceed with this query (y or n)?  y
>>  return value from query->execute() is TRUE
>> Number of events:  13
>> Number of files:   8
>> DEBUG OOI:  requesting sublist 1 QM says QM_NO_MORE_FILES
>> DEBUG OOI:  no more data after retrieving 0 files and 0 object references
>>         Beginning Order-Optimized Iteration:
>>
>>          *** Query is complete. ***

The reason is that file request from EI is just too fast after the QE
execute request. It happens specially when the number of file is small (
such as less than 20 or so....). I'm working on a new version and it'll
fix on that version....

>> 2) sometime in the whole running processing, I got wrong messege
>> "Query is approximately 0 percent complete".

The reason that you have 0 percent complete sometimes is that
it's either the query is finished already and deleted, or it's not been
started. I've fixed the first case already, but hasn't released (putting it
in the GCA directory) yet. I'm planning to release it with all other
fixes, which is by the end of July....

>> Jie

--Alex