Re: Disk layout for GC

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Shigeki Misawa wrote:

> I have a configuration question.
>
> What are the Unix disk requirements for GC ?
> (The disk space I am talking about is where the files get placed after
> being pulled out of HPSS.)
>
> Does the GC need a fixed allocation of space (i.e., it's own disk
> partition) or can it share disk space with other processes ?
>

> Thanks
>
> Shigeki

For this week tests we are going to use the directory
/disk0/grandch/SMDISK as Jeff suggested. In the long run we will need what
Arie described.

Luis

Luis M. Bernardo  <lmbernardo@lbl.gov> <www.lbl.gov/~bernardo>
Scientific Data Management Research & Development Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720