Re: rmds03 problems [follow-up]

Charles;

At 12:11 PM 8/23/98 -0500, Maguire, Charles F wrote:
>or 1.3 hours for the copy -- comparable to a fast FTP link.  I think
>that this slow copy speed is a feature of the REDHAT5.0 operating
>system?  It would be interesting to copy the copy speed directly from

Linux is rather notorious for poor NFS performance (at least between Linux
and Solaris). We are seeing the same problems under Linux on the PDSF
cluster (I have not done an exhaustive study of NFS from Linux to Linux...
I've been told this is supposed to be better.).

- Craig

 Craig E. Tull, Ph.D.
 National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center
 E.O. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
 EMail: cetull@lbl.gov       WWW: http://iago.lbl.gov/
 Phone: (510)486-7253        FAX: (510)486-4004