Re: Testing

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, David M. Malon wrote:

> Will we have an automated way of clearing the disk cache between
> queries for some of our tests (without confusing the cache manager, of
> course)?
>
> Alex?  Luis?
>
> Regards,
>
> David

David,

Do you want to do that without restarting the cmanager?
At this moment it's only possible to clear the disk at startup. For
that to happen the file listfilesstaged.txt needs to be there and needs to
be empty. The only catch is that it only works with database files that
end in ".db". I'll have to add the capability to work with the extension
".DB" too. This need only happens at startup time when thw CM tries to
clean the cache.

Luis

Luis M. Bernardo  <lmbernardo@lbl.gov> <www.lbl.gov/~bernardo>
Scientific Data Management Research & Development Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720