Re: Testing

>  On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, David M. Malon wrote:
>
>  > Will we have an automated way of clearing the disk cache between
>  > queries for some of our tests (without confusing the cache manager, of
>  > course)?
>  >
>  > Alex?  Luis?
>  >
>  > Regards,
>  >
>  > David
>  >

>  David,
>
>  Do you want to do that without restarting the cmanager?
>  At this moment it's only possible to clear the disk at startup. For
>  that to happen the file listfilesstaged.txt needs to be there and needs to
>  be empty. The only catch is that it only works with database files that
>  end in ".db". I'll have to add the capability to work with the extension
>  ".DB" too. This need only happens at startup time when thw CM tries to
>  clean the cache.
>
>  Luis

  Luis,

  I believe we need to clear the disk cache between some of our queries for
  some of our tests; there is a high degree of correlation within the current
  query mix.  It would certainly be more convenient not to relaunch the
  CM (and probably, therefore, the other SM components) every time.  I'm
  not sure what Alex was doing about this yesterday.  He may have restarted
  everything between successive query tests.

  David