when the pftp dies

Hi.
I just talked one of our UNIX administrators about the pftp
disappearance and defunct creation.
Basically he is saying that if pftp gets status other than 0, it closes
itself, and creates
a zombi process which is defunct. Possible reason of abnormal status
could be too long idle time. Normally it's 900 seconds, but it also
depends on the server.
So, now the question is how to keep the process alive even if there are
0 transfer rate for a while....
--Alex

--
Alex Sim