Re: 2-tape drive testing

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Alex Sim wrote:

> Luis Bernardo wrote:
> >
> > I believe the problem with cmanager (not cmanager.old) was the script. I
> > changed "cmanager.old -g $1" into "cmanager $1" and it's running now.
> > Alex, what's that -g for? cmanager was not expecting that and that's why
> > it was crashing. That's what I think.
> >

> When the cmanager crashed, the script was not used.
> In fact, the script uses only fake cache manager at this point.
> I never made the script use the real cmanager.
> So, crashing comes from somewhere else. In fact, when the crash
> happened, cmanager read all the gc.config information and then gave a
> segmentation fault.
> The reason that there is -g in the cmanager.sh (script) is that fake
> cache manager uses it
> for the path for gc.config.
> --Alex

Well, then I don't know why it crashed. It's working now and I didn't make
any changes.

rmds03 % date
Thu Oct  1 13:25:12 EDT 1998
rmds03 % ps -u bernardo
   PID TTY      TIME CMD
 15699 pts/61   0:00 xterm
 15276 pts/22   0:26 cmanager
 15310 pts/68   0:01 qe
  4439 pts/40   0:00 tcsh
 11272 pts/58   0:00 tcsh
 12500 pts/62   0:00 tcsh
 10655 pts/56   0:00 tcsh
 15292 pts/61   0:04 xterm
 12460 pts/60   0:00 tcsh
 15294 pts/67   0:07 qmonitor
 12484 pts/61   0:01 tcsh
 10680 pts/57   0:00 tcsh
 10643 pts/55   0:00 tcsh
 15309 pts/61   0:00 xterm
 15700 pts/70   0:00 sii.sol
 15274 pts/61   0:00 xterm

Luis

Luis M. Bernardo  <lmbernardo@lbl.gov> <www.lbl.gov/~bernardo>
Scientific Data Management Research & Development Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720