RE: Mutliple event components

Hi,
The default (main) component is the header. In going to several components we
are splitting the body into pieces. I've called these pieces clusters. Each
cluster is a cluster of event components that are stored together. They don't
have fixed names because they don't have fixed make-up, but they do need to have
names, assigned when they are created. The name will live in the cluster header
(which references each of the event components in the cluster and is the OID you
use in the retrieval of the cluster). We have to put the cluster names into the
event header too, come to think of it, in order to look up the OIDs.

The user specifies he wants clusters "A" and "B", the OIDs (or filenames, for
non-Objy components!) corresponding to these clusters are looked up in the event
header, and then the OIDs/filenames can be retrieved by GC. Translating from
cluster name to OID/filename deals with the experiment-specific event
architecture and should be on the experiment side of the interface, shouldn't
it?

  - Torre

-- Torre Wenaus, BNL      wenaus@bnl.gov      516-344-4755  Fax 344-4206 --
-- STAR Experiment, RHIC@BNL Computing and software project leader       --