Mutliple event components

Dear Grand Challenged Ones,

currently we have two event components: the header and the "body" (is
there a better name for it?). We are now introducing several other
components. I need to know the names of those and I need to get the
OID's for them.
Is it the event header or the "body" that should be treated as the
default (main) component?

I plan to add an interface to the QE that enables setting the components
for a query:

void setComponents(string comp);

the string could be a semi-colon delimited sequence of event component
names. Making the argument a string has the benefit that one can add
components without updating the QE (and the rest of the SM). The way I
plan to implement it is to read the component OID's from files named:
<component name>.oids.bin.

The name of the function could changed (unless you like it). It sets the
"SELECT" part of our pseudo-SQL, so we could call it: selectComponents()
or setSelectClause(). Let me know what you prefer.

Regards, Henrik
Henrik Nordberg       <hnordberg@lbl.gov>
Scientific Data Management Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory