RE: Mutliple event components

The non-objectivity files will probably not all be the same flavor, eg. xdf and
root, so there isn't one answer for how object location and size in the file
can be expressed and used. But why does this help, since you have to stage in
the whole file anyway? If GC manages staging in the file, and returns when the
file is there, user SW can do an efficient random access read from the file of
the event component(s), translating directly into the transient representation
of the object(s)
  - torre