Handling ROOT files

Dave and Doug,

We started thinking about what it will take to handle ROOT
files by the Storage manager.   We have a couple of
questions.

1)  In order to use the SM now, we assume that files have
file IDs (in addition to names).  Are file IDs assigned to
ROOT files?

2)  Currently, the CM gets the file names (as they are used
by HPSS) from the Objectivity catalog.  Where would these
names exist with ROOT files?

3)  Would the ROOT Tagdb have all the necessary information
about the components of each event?  i.e. the file_name and
location in file for each component?  If so, what will be
passed to the EIs is the same as now: with every "file
bundle" cached we will pass simply a set of event_ids that
qualify for that query in that file.

Please comment.

Thanks, Arie.