Re: classes LineDB (the recovery class) and Config updated for ObjectSpace STL

Hi Henrik,

Right now the GCA code that is in the user realm
(OOI, QO, & Resources) all use ObjectSpace STL. We
do this mainly to avoid any conflict with Objectivity's
use of ObjectSpace. We didn't have to change gc_config,
but did need to define OS_NO_ALLOCATORS.  However,
when I used RogueWave (in order to integrate with BaBar)
I did need to modify gc_config to provide the allocator
(per Alex's suggestion) so Alex's modifications to the
gc_config header file is probably more general. I've not
tried "linedb" yet.

Unless we have problems with ObjectSpace, I expect the
user code pieces will keep using this STL - but again it
is only for compatibility with Objectivity.  Note, though,
that the Objectivty-Linux port doesn't seem to include
the OS-STL.

Thanks, Jeff

Henrik Nordberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Alex told me that he was using ObjectSpace STL and had to make
> changes to linedb* and gc_config* in CVS/common before he
> could use them in QM. Those changes have now been checked into
> CVS.
>
> Are there any other changes you would like to have made to
> any files (that I am the author of) in common? Let me know.
>
> What STL are you using in general?
> I am using the adaptation of STL to CC, which I call CC-STL.
> Alex is using ospace. Is someone else using another implementation?
>
> Hopefully we can all switch to the standard STL when Sun
> finally releases a C++ compiler. Due out in March.
>
>  - Henrik
begin:vcard
n:Porter;R. Jeff
tel;fax:516-344-4206
tel;work:516-344-7953
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Brookhaven National Lab
version:2.1
email;internet:porter@bnl.gov
adr;quoted-printable:;;=0D=0APhysics Department,=0D=0ABld 510A;Upton;NY;11973;
x-mozilla-cpt:;15856
fn:R. Jeff Porter
end:vcard