Re: Query Estimator provides min/max info for properties

Hello Again,

I want to add that the index needs to be rebuilt for this to work.
Not the whole index, but the "ascii2vert" part of it. Otherwise
you will see "not set" for min and max. That is the null value.
(and, yes, min and max are returned as strings, and there are
a few reasons for that: I tried CORBA::Any, but it didn't work
and since there can be errors when converting from string to
numbers, it's better to let the client handle it)

 - Henrik

Henrik Nordberg wrote:

> Hello Challenged Ones,
>
> The return value of QE's getIndexInfo(), INDEX_INFO_T, has been
> modified to provide min and max for each attribute. To do this,
> I had to change qe.idl, so clients of QE, that use getIndexInfo(),
> need to rebuild with this IDL file.
>
> The QE client (CVS/QE/qe/client) has been updated to use this
> information. You can run the client with -i to see what's in the
> index. I copied the output of a run below.
Henrik Nordberg       <hnordberg@lbl.gov>
Scientific Data Management Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory