rmds03 & rsun00 trouble

Hello,

I have problems running code compiled with CC 5, on rmds03 and rsun00.
It is a deadlock problem. My own machine (Solaris 2.6) doesn't have
that problem.

(henrik) 16:03 ~ > uname -a
SunOS henrik 5.6 Generic_105181-08 sun4u sparc

So, it seems that something really is different between my setup and
yours (rmds03). I already asked you if you applied the patches that
Sun says you must install if you install CC 5, and you said you did.
Want to double check that? From Sun's READ_ME_FIRST:

"D. Patches

     Operating system and application patches are provided for Sun WorkShop
     software. After you have installed the Sun WorkShop software, you must
     install all of the patches provided with this Final Release for the
     version of the Solaris operating environment you are running.

     You can run install_required_patches as directed in Sun WorkShop Quick
     Install to install the SUNWlibC patches discussed in section D.1, the
     Solaris 2.5.1 patches for SCCS Y2K discussed in section D.2, and the
     Solaris 7 assembler patch discussed section D.3.
..."

Thanks, Henrik
Henrik Nordberg       <hnordberg@lbl.gov>
Scientific Data Management Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory