Re: a QE &/or QM request

Alex Sim wrote:

> Extracting those info could not harm QM at all...
> Let me know what you have in mind for struct type.

Great.  There are, I think, 2 holes that would need to
be filled - so it may be something we'd like to postpone
doing.

Hole 1:  The QM doesn't know about orphaned SM_UNSUBMITTED
queries. This shouldn't happen but can if the QO destructor
is not called due to a usercode crash or due to mishandling
the CORBA reference count. One way out of this is for
the QO to request the list from the QE and the QE requests
the executing list from the QM & concats this to an
unsubmitted list within the QE that is then returned to
the QO. (whew)

Hole 2:  The QE cannot abort a query that it has flushed
from its memory.  For these cases, we could allow the
QE pass the "abort(token)" onto the QM when the QE doesn't
doesn't recognize the token.

In any event, I'll put together a struct that we'd like
to have and we can discuss such details as time allows.
Maybe we should take up this admin item in a more general
administration discussion at the April meeting.

Thanks, Jeff
begin:vcard
n:Porter;R. Jeff
tel;fax:516-344-4206
tel;work:516-344-7953
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Brookhaven National Lab
version:2.1
email;internet:porter@bnl.gov
adr;quoted-printable:;;=0D=0APhysics Department,=0D=0ABld 510A;Upton;NY;11973;
x-mozilla-cpt:;15856
fn:R. Jeff Porter
end:vcard