Re: setup for MDC2

Arie Shoshani <shoshani@lbl.gov> wrote:
>Dave,
>
>Three issues:
>
>1) We discussed the HPSS setup again, and my last conclusions still
>holds. i.e.  0% in cache (or as closed to it as possible) before
>emptying, and 10 minute before purging.

I have requested grace tsai to lower the cache level as far as possible.
I believe this is 1%.  We will bring this point up again in the Friday
morning meeting with John Riordan and Grace Tsai.

>2) To run more sophisticated and better controlled queries, we'll need
>to know: a) which files are on which tapes; b) which conponents are on
>which files.

At present I have listings of all GC files for each of the tapes that they
occupy.  Unfortunately, due to glitches in the data transfer there is not a
nice mapping between the files and the tapes.  That is, the files for a
given event are likely to be distributed over more than 1 tape, but not in
a manner which follows any particular rule.

The mapping of file to components is done in the tag (by order) and the
filename (by string) does this meet your criteria?

>We don't anticipate needing this right away.  Can we get that by Friday
>at noon?

I would like to include the tape numbers in the tag for each event but am
not sure that I will be able to provide that by Friday morning.  Certainly
the file listing will be available.

>3)  When exactly will the System available to us to start running
>tests?  Should I contact somebody else to get an answer to that?

I will speak to Yuri about what time the STAR reconstruction will stop on
Friday morning.   Doug and I plan on meeting John and Grace Friday morning
at 10:00.  At that meeting we will get more information about the
configuration of the HPSS.