A new ID

In some of the email that has been circulating, I saw the need to
initiate a disk cache purge. The current IDs, "hpss_gc" and "hpss_gc2"
do not have sufficient privilege to do a purge. We created an ID,
"hpss_gc3", that will permit initiation of  a purge.
Instructions on doing a purge:
1-from Sammi screen "HPSS Health and Status"
                            select "Monitor", then "Storage Classes"
2-Highlight the class you are interested in (Star Rec/Analysis Disk),
and
                            select the "Info" button on the right
3-The "MPS Storage Class Information" will come up. The Migration Status

                            and Purge Status are shown.
4-To initiate a Purge, go to Control button and select "Start Run"

Note: A file must reach a necessary "age" before being purgeable.

John
jriordan@bnl.gov