Summary of runs so far

Enclosed is a table in MS word format that summarises all the runs that
we have done so far in MDC2.

I enclosed also a couple of neat pictures that show a 1-drive vs.
2-drive performance.  We used a query that requested 4 "file bundles"
each requesting 7 files, spread out on 5 tapes.

One figure compares the actual file tracking, where one can see 7 files
collected into a "file bundle" before passing that to the application.
Processing time per event was set to be very short since we wanted to
see transfer time unencombered.

The other picture compares the "performance monitoring".  It includes
from bottom to top performance over time of: PFTPs pending, Network
throughput (scale is 20 MB/s), disk cache usage (scale is % of available
cache), and indication of system resource balance (cache starved, drive
starved, etc.)

Arie.

summary

GIF image