Re: orbixd crash & recovery

R. Jefferson Porter wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to pass on some information before I forget ?
>
> While at BNL I talked to someone from the online group
> (Nathon Stone) about their experiences with orbix.  He
> mentioned that they had found orbixd to crash even though
> they only use orbix. For this reason they run it in the mode,
>
> orbixd -c filename
>
> The file, "filename", is a log file from which a new orbixd can
> recover the state of the servers when the orbixd crashes
> (see man pages on orbixd for this and other command line
> options).
>
> I've not had the opportunity to test this feature so if anyone
> who can routinely make orbixd crash (Dave, Alex ?) wants to
> try it out please do so.
>
>         Jeff

I was trying this -c flag before, but it didn't seem working at that
time.
We can try it again since our components are more stable nowadays.
Another one that I want to mention is that I'm writing one bypassing
daemon
process, and hopefully it'll be available sometime this week. That is
centainly a work-around method ( I don't know if it could be a permanent
solution though). Storage manager group will send you an email after
completion of this work-around method.
--Alex

--
Alex Sim