Re: Federated DB ID Allocation (http://www.rhic.bnl.gov/RCF/Software/Commercial/Obj

I think this is a fine idea! Do we need a set of agreements within the
GCA people?  I tend to have 2-3 development federations, aiming at having
a production federation for the Atlas testbeam data. It would be nice to
see a more global view showing the usage by all HEP groups, in particular
CERN since Atlas is a Cern experiment!  Is someone (eg CERN or RD45)
organizing a global partition of the ID space?
	Ed

Edward N. May			Phone:		(630)-252-6222
High Energy Physics Division 	FAX:		(630)-252-5076
Argonne National Laboratory	Internet:	may@anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439 USA		Webpage:	http://sun2.hep.anl.gov