BNL's HPSS behavior

I was testing the SM modules and everything seemed to work fine (I
realized I used the wrong index file yesterday). But then I ran into
"problems" with HPSS. I tried to transfer files by just giving their full
name including path instead of changing directories and giving the (short)
file name. Apparently I can't do that with BNL's hpss although I could do
that at Berkeley. It's also strange that I can use the full name with the
command "size" but not with "pget" or "get". Can someone at BNL look into
that? Below is an example:

------
rmds03 % pftp_client
Multinode is Disabled.
ftp> open rmds01 2121
Connected to rmds01.rhic.bnl.gov.
220 rmds01 FTP server (Version PFTPD.1 Fri Jul 24 10:27:52 EDT 1998)
ready.
Name (rmds01:bernardo): starreco
331 Password required for starreco.
Password:
230 User starreco logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> bin
200 Type set to I.
ftp> pget 30018/1.db
30018/1.db: No such file or directory
ftp> get 30018/1.db
ftp> bye
221 Goodbye.
rmds03 % pftp_client
Multinode is Disabled.
ftp> open rmds01 2121
Connected to rmds01.rhic.bnl.gov.
220 rmds01 FTP server (Version PFTPD.1 Fri Jul 24 10:27:52 EDT 1998)
ready.
Name (rmds01:bernardo): starreco
331 Password required for starreco.
Password:
230 User starreco logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> quote site setcos 7
200 COS set to 7.
ftp> bin
200 Type set to I.
ftp> pget 30018/1.db
30018/1.db: No such file or directory
ftp> bye
221 Goodbye.
rmds03 % pftp_client
Multinode is Disabled.
ftp> open rmds01 2121
Connected to rmds01.rhic.bnl.gov.
220 rmds01 FTP server (Version PFTPD.1 Fri Jul 24 10:27:52 EDT 1998)
ready.
Name (rmds01:bernardo): starreco
331 Password required for starreco.
Password:
230 User starreco logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> size 30018/1.db
213 111403008
ftp> bye
221 Goodbye.
-----

Also, what does "Multinode is Disabled" mean?

Luis

Luis M. Bernardo  <lmbernardo@lbl.gov> <www.lbl.gov/~bernardo>
Scientific Data Management Research & Development Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720