Re: proposed MDC2 schedule for GC activities

Doug Olson wrote:

> Hi GC folks,
>
> We need to arrange our schedule for MDC2 activities.
> There is a GC quarterly meeting tentatively scheduled
> for Jan. 28, 29.  The overall MDC2 schedule is
> (I think)
> Feb. 9 - 19   BRAHMS/PHOBOS
> Feb. 23 - Mar. 5  STAR
> Mar. 9 - 19  PHENIX
>
> We plan to have the GC machinery in production during MDC2
> (at least for STAR).  We have not yet scheduled a time
> dedicated to GC measurements separate from the experiments,
> but I think we should.
> I propose that we try to schedule a few days at the end of the
> overall MDC2 period for GC measurements.
> Exactly how long and what specific measurements are not
> clarified yet.
>
> Let's discuss this at tomorrows phone conference.
>
> Doug

If at all possible, it will be good to split whatever time we have into
two sessions with a break of a few days (a week is better) in between.
This way, we will have time to evaluate what we got in the first
session,
perhaps fix things if necessary, and run an improved set of experiments
in the second session.

Arie.