Re: new functions in QE: getIndexInfo() and getNumBytes()

"R. Jefferson Porter" wrote:

> I'm trying to sinc the QO with the new QE & had targeted
> starsu00 as the place to make this happen - basically because
> I believe that's where the toy federation lives.
>
> Do you have any ideas about the starsu00 build problem?
> &/or when this will work?

The next step would be to move to star, an index built on another machine. I
tried that, but hit my quota (500 MB). I have asked to have it increased and
am waiting for a reply.
I have yet to figure out why it doesn't work. It works on other SunOS 5.6
machines, so I am starting to think that it's a starsu00 problem. Since I
don't have access to tools such as Purify on starsu00, the problem is hard
to track down. (The symptom is that a bitmap vector gets longer than it should
and eventually overruns its bounds.)

So, for now, please compile QE at rhic and move it to starsu00.

Thanks, Henrik

> Thanks, Jeff
>
> Henrik Nordberg wrote:
> >
> > I have updated the CVS repo. qe.idl has two new functions getIndexInfo() and
> > getNumBytes(). The first one returns INDEX_INFO_T:

<snip>

> > Do not compile QE on starsu00. For some reason QE compiled on starsu00
> > crashes for one of the indexes. rmds03 works fine (as does gizmo and math).
> >  - Henrik
Henrik Nordberg       <hnordberg@lbl.gov>
Scientific Data Management Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory