Re: new functions in QE: getIndexInfo() and getNumBytes()

Hi Henrik,

I'm trying to sinc the QO with the new QE & had targeted
starsu00 as the place to make this happen - basically because
I believe that's where the toy federation lives.

Do you have any ideas about the starsu00 build problem?
&/or when this will work?

Thanks, Jeff

Henrik Nordberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have updated the CVS repo. qe.idl has two new functions getIndexInfo() and
> getNumBytes(). The first one returns INDEX_INFO_T:
>
> enum TYPE_T { int_t, float_t };
>
> struct PROPERTY_T
> {
>         TYPE_T type;
>         string name;
>         string description;
>         string bins;
> };
>
> typedef sequence<PROPERTY_T> PROPERTY_SEQ_T;
>
> struct INDEX_INFO_T
> {
>         string name;
>         string description;
>         STRSEQ_T components;
>         PROPERTY_SEQ_T attributes;
> };
>
> and the second one gives the total number of bytes that a query correspond to.
> This is used by getNumSeconds(). I will update getNumSeconds() to use info
> from QM about what has been cached etc.
>
> Do not compile QE on starsu00. For some reason QE compiled on starsu00
> crashes for one of the indexes. rmds03 works fine (as does gizmo and math).
>  - Henrik
> Henrik Nordberg       <hnordberg@lbl.gov>
> Scientific Data Management Research Group
> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
begin:vcard
n:Porter;R. Jeff
tel;fax:516-344-4206
tel;work:516-344-7953
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Brookhaven National Lab
version:2.1
email;internet:porter@bnl.gov
adr;quoted-printable:;;=0D=0APhysics Department,=0D=0ABld 510A;Upton;NY;11973;
x-mozilla-cpt:;15856
fn:R. Jeff Porter
end:vcard