Re: an easy error to fix?

Stephen C. Johnson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm currently attempting to run the qm software and am running into some
> problems -- perhaps someone knows a simple way to remedy this:
>
> I start up the QE and CM -- all looks fine:  each says that it is ready
> (though the CM is looking for a script called cm_script.sh).
>
> Then I start up the QM and get the following error:
>
> CMHost = rmds03.rhic.bnl.gov
> CMName = CacheManager
> QMOrbixPort = 1759
> QMHost = rmds03.rhic.bnl.gov
> QMName = QueryMonitor
> QEOrbixPort = 1756
> QEHost = rmds03.rhic.bnl.gov
> QEName = QueryEstimator
> ***************** end config *****************
>          Exporting server to the network, listening on port -268438896
> EXTRA_INFO for query QM INFO=QUERY_MONITOR_SERVER_BEGIN
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Which doesn't tell you much as best I can tell -- though the port number
> wrong my gc.config looks fine.  I'm running this in the directory
>
> > pwd
> /phenix/workarea/johnson/tagDB/grandch/bin
>
> and my library path is:
>
> > echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /grandch/u/nordberg/bin:/grandch/u/GCA/CORBA/OB-3.1.2-debug/lib:/afs/rhic/oodb/v_5.1/solaris/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/opt/SUNWspro/lib:/opt/rhic/root/lib
>
> The gc.config is also in that directory.
>
> Any bright ideas?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> stephen

Hi Stephen,
I just copied over your executables to my home directory ~asim/phnx
and ran those, with just little different gc.config.
What I changed in gc.config is the reference file path, and port
numbers.
They ran well as you see from the following:

rmds03 % qe

Query Estimator starting. Report bugs to hnordberg@lbl.gov.
Compiled: 12:42:32 on Mar  6 1999 on rmds03 (SunOS 5.6
Generic_105181-05) by zimm
Using configuration file "./gc.config".
Reading index files...done.
Reading Object and File ID's...done.
Query Estimator is ready.

rmds03 % cmanager

                       CM CONFIGURATION
Using configuration file "./gc.config".
**************** begin config ****************
OidSource = query1.oids
UserLogFile = out.user.log
UserLogging = true
ReplicateObjyDT = false
CMRecoveryFile = cm.recovery.info
EnableRecovery = false
EnableNetLogging = false
EnableLogging = true
CMLogFile = out.cm.log
.
.QEName = QueryEstimator
***************** end config *****************

Note: The chosen value for TotalCacheSize could have been overriden. The
size of
the empty cache is the minimum between the chosen value and the real
value.
         Empty Cache Size = 1000 MBs.

The TransferRateMeter was launched.

Wait while the PFTP connection is checked.
sh: ./cm_script.sh: not found
sh: ./cm_script.sh: not found
         PFTP connection Ok.
         Exporting server to the network, listening on port 1853
Cache Manager server starting...
         CM ready. Launch QM now.
[CacheManager: New IIOP Connection (130.199.80.62:1853) ]
Number of files already cached: 0
QM asked for empty cache left: 1000 MBs.

rmds03 % qmonitor.sol

Query Monitor initiating...
        Running on rmds03.rhic.bnl.gov (SunOS Generic_105181-12 5.6)
        at 13:19:06 Mar  6 1999

Using configuration file "./gc.config".
**************** begin config ****************
OidSource = query1.oids
UserLogFile = out.user.log
UserLogging = true
.
.
.

.QEName = QueryEstimator
***************** end config *****************
         Exporting server to the network, listening on port -268439176
EXTRA_INFO for query QM INFO=QUERY_MONITOR_SERVER_BEGIN
[QueryMonitor: New IIOP Connection (130.199.80.62:1853) ]
******** Outgoing request initiallyCachedFileList
******** Incoming reply initiallyCachedFileList
******** Outgoing request sizeLeft
******** Incoming reply sizeLeft
files in the cache initially: size = 0

NOPOLICY is true

One thing that I noticed is that you don't have
/opt/iona/OrbixMT_2.3c/lib
in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
What puzzles me is that if you don't have /opt/iona/OrbixMT_2.3c/lib,
cmanager wouldn't run either:

rmds03 % cmanager
ld.so.1: cmanager: fatal: liborbixmt.so: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

-- Alex
Alex Sim <ASim@lbl.gov> http://sim.lbl.gov
Scientific Data Management Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory