Re: localtime_r and gc_logger.cpp

"R. Jefferson Porter" wrote:

> Thanks for looking into this. I'm not sure whether the multithreaded
> flag (-mt) will work for the root-wrapper since we had those problems
> with Root... but perhaps this is benign. I was worried about the STL
> conflicts & this is why I chose to compile common/ using the GCAClient
> Makefile. Even if the STL question is resolved, we may have problems
> when the usercode moves to other platforms.

Well, try it and let me know if you have problems. You don't have to compile
all your code with -mt. Try to add it to the files that complain about
not finding _r functions (i.e., the reentrant versions).

 - Henrik

> Henrik Nordberg wrote:
> >
> > the reason localtime_r() isn't found by the compiler is because the -mt flag
> > isn't specified. Add -mt when compiling files in CVS/common, or use the
> > Makefile in CVS/common (might conflict with ospace, though).
> > It has nothing to do with which compiler you are using.
Henrik Nordberg       <hnordberg@lbl.gov>
Scientific Data Management Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory