AccommodationThe Breakwater Lodge belongs to the Graduate School of Business of the University of Cape Town, and is run as a commercial venture providing accommodation and conference facilities. To secure a booking, participants must provide the Lodge with a credit card number, expiration date, the last three digits on the signature panel at the back of the card, and mention explicitly SQM2004. "No show" will be debited with the cost of one night's accommodation. Payment must be made directly to the Lodge before departure.
Contact Details for the Breakwater LodgeReservation fax number: + 27 21 406 1436
Telephone number: + 27 21 406 1911
- 40 Share shower rooms (two adjoining rooms to share toilet
- Single occupancy: R325
- Double occupancy: R210 pp
- 20 Private en-suite:
- Single occupancy: R530
- Double occupancy: R330 pp
Meals at the Breakwater Lodge
- Continental breakfast is R52 per person.
- Full English breakfast is R63 per person.
- Lunch or Dinner is R68 per person.
Other hotelsParticipants not wishing to stay at the Lodge, or unable to secure a booking there, may consider the places of accommodation listed below which are within walking distance (yes, really within walking distance) of the Breakwater Lodge. Kindly contact the venue directly.
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel (Waterfront)
- Table Bay Hotel
- Holiday Inn (Waterfront)
- Cape Grace (Waterfront)
- City Lodge (Waterfront)
- Cullinan Inn
Bed & Breakfast'sThese tend to be small family run places.
A list of some of the many B & B's available
- Check Inn (R199 per room)
- House on the Hill
- Stonehurst Guest House (R200-R300 per room): Self-catering rooms and flats